Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Mother-Daughter Hobby


The boys and their father have been into golfing for sometime now, but my daughter hasn't been able to really get into golf, or for that matter, any type of sports.
I have been trying to figure out what both she and I can do together, and we struck up the best hobby: crocheting! I did pick up knitting at one point, but I developed carpal tunnel in my college years with the years of violin playing and computer use, so knitting was very painful for me. But crochet? It's so much easier on my hands, and so-kid friendly! We picked up this book on Amazon. I love it. I encourage any mother with a daughter over the age of 7 to pick up crocheting. Yesterday we picked up some beautiful yarn at Michael's in Orlando. I have to credit my good friend, and violin partner Carolyn for showing me how to crochet!