Friday, January 14, 2011

Post-Holiday Thoughts

Happy New Year!

It's too way too long since I've written. During the holidays, I pretty much hibernate to work on my biz, and getting ready for Christmas fesitivies. However, this Christmas, I couldn't get my act together, and didn't even send my holiday cards out, especially since I'm in Japan, I thought it would be a special treat to send cards out from Japan, but as usual, I love to relax and horse around then sitting in front of my computer during my down time, and never got around to it....

Well, there has been so much that's been going on, and the kids are in throes of the Japanese school here. Already, Micah will be going to first grade in March, even though he started Kindergarten in September! I feel as if he ended up getting the short end of the stick. It's so hard for me to see him grow up. I still love the fact he sucks his thumb in the middle of the night. (Shh! don't tell him that when you see him, it's a big secret for him!)

Well, ironically, Japan celebrates Christmas, not extensive like America, but Yochien (Kindergarten) did throw on a Christmas play (although it had nothing to do with Jesus' birth). His class acted the story on the "Big Turnip" Well, here is the video, and my son is one of the Mario Brothers doing tricks with the jump rope. Each group of children did some type of act, and they would all try to pull the giant turnip out of the ground.

Some thoughts: I cannot believe the costume, and all the props the kids and the children designed and made. His Mario hat was made out of a garbage red bag with red duck tape, and cotton. It is so cute and sturdy. The whole performance just blew me away. They are so creative and so serious about their education. Please see these 2 clips:

Part I of 4


Part II of 4