Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Bloodline of my Business

Finally a beautiful Saturday morning! Spoiling myself with coffee & sugar! (just on Saturdays!) Boys playing basketball outside, my girl is singing her heart out with Les Miserables as she cleans her room, hubby ready to jog, and me? Finishing up our designs for new product coming out in March! What are you all doing this morning? Love to hear from all our fans!

I have been thinking a lot about the people I work with at my company.. and I have this wonderful
consultant/associate, Esther who I've hired three years ago. She too is a mom of 3 boys, lives in San Francisco and had breast cancer, and is now in remission. Did I mention she is also blind? But that hasn't stopped her from pursuing her potential: Highly pedigreed, attend undergraduate and also graduated with the MBA at the University of Chicago, I adore her insight, analysis, and research when it comes to the business. And an MBA from UofC? Never understood or appreciated the value of an MBA employee from a top tier school such as University of Chicago. She does all dirty work that this entrepreneur (me) can't get into.. She keeps me inside the box (I'm such the out of the box thinker..not meant to be a compliment!)  and keeps me down to earth!

My other inspiration/inspirer has been my other best friend, my sister, Caroline. She isn't part of my business, but  behind the scenes, she and Alex is there for me everyday. She gives me tremendous insight with product development, design and business tips.  Even though I don't pay her a dime, she does my heavy lifting when it comes to design. We both developed the Perfect Pouch™ Collection together, all from her inspiration of organizing and traveling. I appreciate and love both of my right/left hand women in my life.  

Okay, more exciting news! This March, we are coming out with some new products! Stay tuned and please follow us on FaceBook!!!