Friday, January 8, 2010

Here We Come! Japan!





So it looks like we are really moving to Japan this summer. Can't believe the transition, and just the thought of selling everything: 2 cars, piano, house, etc... is daunting. I have been trying to figure out how to handle the school situation for my children. I think I already know where my youngest will go, it will be a Japanese immersion Kindergarten school, and one colleague sent me pics of the school there. This is the public school there, and they have a wonderful selection of fresh food prepared for lunch, unlike any of the processed food found in the public schools in America. I am quite excited about learning Japanese, and have been teaching the kids. They are learning Hirogana. I love the image of all their little shoes in a shoe shelf. Why don't we have one here like this? The first thing I'm doing is purchase a shoe shelf for my house when I get there. The whole shoe thing in our current home has been the bane of my existence. I can't seem to find a utilitarian, aesthetically pleasing shoe shelf for the house! We have 30 shoes just tossed around the house everywhere. Even their shoes sparkle clean!