Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jaq Jaq Bird Aprons donated to Yamauchi Yochien





Another month goes by, and time flies when you are a full time SAHM/WAHM!
So, an idea had popped in my mind as I was laundering my son's clothes. Even though I have a translator to help me translate announcements and letters from school, I don't always stay on top of the little things. One of them being-when they have art. It seems like they have art at least once a week, but it never falls on the same day of the week. If I knew exactly when the day was, I would pack Micah's smock so he won't come home with a painted shirt and pants. And the other day, I sent him to school with a new, fresh, crisp shirt from J. Crew, and he returned with red paint scribbled all over his beautiful shirt. I almost had a heart attack. I spent 1 hour trying to scrub it off, and to my success, I got almost but two stains out. However, after this incident, I decided to send him with the apron everyday. It is my Jaq Jaq Bird apron, and as I tried to explain to the teacher in my broken Japanese that Micah will need to keep it at school since I didn't know when art day was, he interpreted it as all the children can use the one apron Micah will be using. Well, that gave me an idea of donating aprons to not only his entire class, but the entire Kindergarten at the school. (96 of them). So, last week, the aprons came in, and my, they all LOVE it! I have pictures posted here. It is so cute, and I love how the Japanese have a formality to everything, including me donating the aprons, they all came out to thank me, and had tried it on for size. I asked them which ones they liked, and overwhelmingly, girls said the Dots, and the boys said the Roadway. I was surprised, because in America, The Owls sell out all the time, and the Airplane is the most popular print.
This event reminded me of my aunt in Korea, when I was in Kindergarten she donated around 100 gowns for Kindergarten graduation that her factory had manufactured for the school. I don't even realize how I am following the footsteps of my family. It's so strange.