Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Creative Juices





So my neighbor has been inspiring me to embroider, cut & perhaps even home school in the midst of running my business. I don't know about the latter, but I bought with Heather's help, an embroidery machine and I'm loving it. If I can embroider on it, I will. Well, Ellie's birthday party was held at the beach, so I drew out a lovely sand-dollar on my design program and sent that for the invitations, and as a party favor, I drew out the sand dollar onto the embroidery machine and stitched in on handkerchiefs (a long lost art which I feel we should revive again). In Japan everyone uses handkerchiefs: kids & adults all carry one. Instead of wasting paper towels and tissues, we should try to adopt simple practices like using handkerchiefs. I knew the moms would be excited about the favors, but didn't think the girls would be too keen on getting them as a favor, so I wrapped it up with whistle candies (bought it at the 100 yen store) and they loved that.