Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ramping up for the ABC Show

So there are some great pros to living in a small city: Stay inside my home-office and pour into the business during the day! It's so much fun, I love what I do: creating, designing and developing! Ironically, I am not a very "crafty" person, and I'm terrible at decorating anything that has to do with space. Fortunately, my chic little sister, Caroline is very good at it, so she's been giving me some pointers. Right now, I hired a nice handy man here in LA and he's making my hard walls. I have an inline 10x10 booth at the show. 3 years ago, my sister and I did the show together in Las Vegas and the booth looked like this:

We didn't know what we were doing. The little banner on the far left was added during the show because I needed more pictures. Buyers would walk by puzzled by the Chalk mat display, so the banner on the left really brought more people inside the booth. The little stool and table set up was super crowded.  Believe it or not, I spent close to $10,000 on this show 3 years ago: plane tickets, hotel room, food, transportation, signage, dreyage, shipping, press kits, products shipping from overseas, etc.. But this show was well worth the investment.  For such a humble booth, we walked away with some great accounts...

Now for my next post.