Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Sansu Set (Math)



I love this little Sansu set. In fact, I think the Japanese are geniuses for creating such a box. Apparently, this Sansu box is the national curriculum for all of Japan. I had been looking for bits and pieces like this in the States when my daughter was struggling in math back in the States, (couldn't find any really) and the Japanese had figured it all along, and conveniently put the whole package together. I think the American math curriculum should sell this to all the schools. There is a clock, paper money and plastic coins, magnet dry erase board, weights, unit of measurement tools, small flash cards written for addition and subtraction, ruler, etc.. I can't even name more than 75% off the things in here. They are just so darn cute, and I know it will make my daughter very proficient in math! :)


These tiny sticks are smaller than what it looks on this image. very thin pretzel sticks, with half the width. Look at all the names written on these sticks. They are part of the math set.