Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To my friend Alexandra


(Michele, Alexandra, Catherine, Me, Amy, & Heather)

This post is dedicated to one of my favorite person in the world: Alexandra Costanzo, a friend, my sister in Christ, mother of three beautiful, but surly boys, and I just want to share with you how much courage and confidence you possess. I know you are in the throes of chemotherapy, do not be tempted to think I have forgotten your pain.

The children, Seung and I are cheering you on, and love you dearly. Even though we are in opposite sides of the earth, we are there right with you in spirit. You have an amazing stamina, and poise that is so rare in a person. Soon your suffering will subside. But I believe at this moment, your pain will only fortify you for your next journey ahead. Alex, you are the epitome of grace under pressure.

You are cherished, and your children and Michael are so blessed to have such an amazing mother and wife in their lives. You have blessed me with your friendship and presence. I often can't even express my affection towards you, because it will only make me tear up, but I want to say you are a beautiful person inside and out. I miss you dearly, and I'm rooting for you! As the Koreans say, "FIGHTING!"

I love you, dear friend!